Reduce liability for losses on commercial accounts by adhering to four requirements.
USDA Announces 2013 Loan Rates for Wheat, Feed Grains, Oilseeds, Honey, Pulses and Rice
Feb 8 - The Commodity Credit Corporation has announced county loan rates for the 2013 crops of wheat, corn, grain sorghum, barley, oats, soybeans and other oilseeds (sunflower seed, flaxseed, canola, rapeseed, safflower, mustard seed, crambe and sesame seed); national milled loan rates and state loan rates by class for the 2013 rice crop; regional loan rates for 2013 pulse crops (small chickpeas, large chickpeas, dry peas and lentils); and the national loan rate for the 2013 honey crop. The rates are posted on the Farm Service Agency website at www.fsa.usda.gov/pricesupport.
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 provides for a continuation of the marketing assistance loan and loan deficiency payment programs for the 2013 crop year. The national loan rates for the 2013 crops of wheat, feed grains, oilseeds, milled rice, pulse crops, and honey are established at the following levels:
- Wheat: $2.94 per bushel
- Corn: $1.95 per bushel
- Grain Sorghum: $1.95 per bushel
- Barley: $1.95 per bushel
- Oats: $1.39 per bushel
- Soybeans: $5.00 per bushel
- Other Oilseeds: $10.09 per hundredweight for each "other oilseed"
- Small Chickpeas: $7.43 per hundredweight
- Large Chickpeas: $11.28 per hundredweight
- Dry Peas: $5.40 per hundredweight
- Lentils: $11.28 per hundredweight
- Long grain rice, whole kernel: $6.50 per hundredweight
- Medium/short grain rice, whole kernel: $6.50 per hundredweight
- Honey: $0.69 per pound
For more information about USDA FSA programs and commodity loan rates, visit an FSA county office or the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov/.