FDIC Announces Teleconference Series For Compliance Information
Nov 21 - Staff from the FDIC's Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection has been hosting several banker teleconferences during 2012 to maintain open lines of communication and update staff on important banking regulatory and emerging issues in the compliance and consumer protection area. The next call in this series, scheduled for Dec. 18, 2012, will focus on several fair lending topics. Registration is required for the call.
- The FDIC holds periodic teleconferences to keep FDIC-supervised institutions informed about rulemakings, guidance, and emerging issues related to compliance and consumer protection.
- The next banker teleconference will discuss several fair lending topics, including an overview of the fair lending examination process, monitoring third-party conduct for fair lending risk, the role of pricing criteria in a fair lending analysis and best practices. The call will be on Dec. 18, 2012, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST.
- The session is free, but registration is required. Instructions for registering for the call are available at https://fdicsurvey.inquisiteasp.com/fdic/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=7Z9FF9. Please register by Dec. 13, 2012.
- Institutions may submit questions on fair lending topics prior to the teleconference by email to BankerTeleconference(at)fdic.gov.
- The FDIC also solicits suggestions for topics to be covered in future banker teleconferences. Please submit suggestions for future topics to BankerTeleconference(at)fdic.gov.
Click here for more information.