Two New Deposit Insurance Resources Now Available From FDIC
Sept 20 - The FDIC has released two new resources to help bankers and depositors understand FDIC deposit insurance coverage: (1) FDICís most popular consumer brochure, Your Insured Deposits, is now available in a large- print version for visually impaired individuals; and (2) the new FDIC Deposit Insurance Coverage for Bankers, a self-paced, computer-based training module targeted to a banker audience, is now available in an interactive format on FDICís website, on DVD and in a PDF.
- The FDIC has developed two new resources to help bank employees and depositors understand FDIC deposit insurance coverage: (1) a large-print version of the brochure Your Insured Deposits and (2) a computer-based, interactive training module called FDIC Deposit Insurance Coverage for Bankers.
- The large-print brochure is 8.5"x11" in size and uses an 18-point font, the standard font size recommended by the American Printing House for the Blind. Insured institutions may order copies of the new large-print brochure from the FDIC at no charge. This version of the brochure is available in English only; a Spanish version will be released at a later time.
- The training module, FDIC Deposit Insurance Coverage for Bankers, is designed for use by insured institutions to train employees who need a basic understanding of how FDIC insurance coverage works. It explains the different account ownership categories and the FDICís rules for coverage of a depositorís funds in accounts over $250,000. The module is available in an interactive format, on DVD, and in PDF. English and Spanish versions of the training module are available.
- Insured institutions may access and order the FDIC's two new deposit insurance resources on the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/.
- Insured institutions' use of any FDIC deposit insurance training materials, including the two new products referenced in this FIL, is voluntary.
Click here for more information.