Subscribe Today to the 'New'
BANK BOARD LETTER
20% Discount on One-Year Subscription
Beginning in January 2014, The Bank Board Letter, one of the nation's premier newsletters for directors of financial institutions and their holding companies, will be available in print and digital editions.
To introduce you to the redesigned and expanded Bank Board Letter, we are offering a 20% discount off the regular one-year subscription price of $74. (Current subscribers may take advantage of this special offer by extending their subscriptions.)
CLICK HERE to take advantage of this special offer.
Contact Kristi Wagner at 913-261-7053 about bulk subscriptions.
Click on the issue above to look at a sample issue.
Agencies Issue Final Joint Guidance on Leveraged Lending
March 27 - The FDIC, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency are issuing the final guidance on leveraged lending activities. This guidance defines leveraged lending, addresses expectations for the content of credit policies, outlines the need for well-defined underwriting and valuation standards, and reinforces the importance of credit analytics and pipeline management for this type of lending. Guidelines for the purchase of participations involving leveraged loans also are included.
- The final guidance describes supervisory expectations for the sound risk management of leveraged lending activities.
- Institutions engaged in leveraged lending should define this activity in their credit policies and establish prudent risk management processes consistent with the final guidance.
- Underwriting standards for leveraged lending should be clear, measurable, and reflect the institution's risk appetite.
- Leveraged lending programs should have prudent valuation standards, effective pipeline management, strong reporting and credit analytics, and appropriate risk grading.
- Institutions that purchase leveraged loan participations should make a thorough and independent evaluation of risks before committing funds.
Click here for the final guidance.