FDIC Announces Upcoming Community Affairs Webinar
May 31 - The FDICís Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection Community Affairs Branch will host a webinar titled "Finding Community Development Opportunities" on June 27, 2013, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EDT). This webinar will discuss potential approaches to identify community development opportunities, with an emphasis on investment and service activities. This is the third in a series of webinars highlighting strategies institutions can use to promote community development and expand access to the banking system.
- Finding Community Development Opportunities will explore some of the diverse Community Reinvestment Act qualifying activities available to banks, including investment and service options. Presenters, including representatives from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Small Business Administration and others, will highlight strategies and resources applicable to urban, suburban and rural areas, and provide guidance on where banks can go for additional information.
- This webinar will be held on Thursday, June 27, 2013, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EDT). To participate, institutions must register by June 21.
- Each institution is responsible for assessing whether the ideas and information presented during the webinar are appropriate for the institution to pursue, given factors such as the institution's business focus, existing economic inclusion/community development strategies, financial condition and market.
- This is the third in a series of six free webinars, offering bankers ideas and possible strategies to enhance efforts to promote community development and economic inclusion. Webinars are held every other month. Registration is required.
- The FDIC welcomes suggestions for topics to be covered during future webinars. Please submit suggestions to communityaffairs(at)fdic.gov.