FDIC Announces New Members for the Advisory Committee on Community Banking
Jan 29 - The FDIC has announced the selection of eight new members for its Advisory Committee on Community Banking, which has been providing advice and recommendations to the FDIC on a broad range of community bank policy and regulatory matters since it was established in 2009. The advisory committee members represent a cross-section of community bankers from around the country.
"We are fortunate to have such talented and dedicated community bank leaders join our advisory committee, which has been a valuable resource for the FDIC over the last few years,” said FDIC Chairman Martin Gruenberg. “The advisory committee has proven to be a key source of information and input for the FDIC on the many significant issues facing community banks," Gruenberg said.
The Advisory Committee on Community Banking discusses and provides input to the FDIC on a wide variety of topics, including current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage and regulatory compliance.
The new members of the advisory committee are:
- Cynthia L. Blankenship, vice president and COO, Bank of the West, Grapevine, Texas.
- Leonel Castillo, president and CEO, American Bank of Commerce, Provo, Utah.
- Jane Haskin, president and CEO, First Bethany Bancorp. Inc., Bethany, Okla.
- Mark Hesser, president, Pinnacle Bank, Lincoln, Neb.
- James Lundy, CEO, Western Alliance Bank, Phoenix.
- Kim D. Saunders, president, CEO and director, Mechanics & Farmers Bank, Durham, N.C.
- David Seleski, president, CEO and director, Stonegate Bank, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Derek Williams, president and CEO, First Peoples Bank, Pine Mountain, Ga.
The new members will join the following individuals already serving on the committee:
- Robert F. Baronner Jr., president and CEO, Bank of Charles Town, Charles Town, W.Va.
- Carolyn “Betsy” Flynn, president and CEO, Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.
- Walter E. Grady, president and CEO, Seaway Bank & Trust, Chicago.
- Ann Marie Mehlum, president and CEO, Summit Bank, Eugene, Ore.
- Joseph G. Pierce, president and CEO, Farmers State Bank, Lagrange, Ind.
- Dorothy A. Savarese, president and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass.
- Alan Thian, president and CEO, Royal Business Bank, Los Angeles.
For more information, please visit the Advisory Committee on Community Banking web page at www.fdic.gov/communitybanking/.