Find answers to questions such as: What makes an ERM program effective? How should it be implemented?
ABA Nominates Officers, Board for 2012-2013
Sept 6 - The American Bankers Association’s nominating committee has selected the official slate of candidates for ABA officers for election at the association’s annual convention in San Diego Oct. 14-16.
The committee, chaired by Stephen P. Wilson, chairman and CEO, LCNB National Bank, Lebanon, Ohio, nominated these candidates for ABA officer positions:
- Chairman: Matthew H. Williams, chairman and president, Gothenburg State Bank, Gothenburg, Neb.
- Chairman-Elect: Jeff L. Plagge, president and CEO, Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa
- Vice Chairman: John A. Ikard, president and CEO, FirstBank Holding Co., Lakewood, Colo.
- Treasurer: Gary D. Hemmer, president and CEO, First National Bank of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ill.
The committee also selected these nominees for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual convention in San Diego:
- Stephen F. Christy, CEO, Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corp., Lebanon, N.H. (three-year term).
- William M. Dana Jr., president and CEO, Central Bank of Kansas City, Kansas City, Mo. (one-year at large term).
- David C. Darnell, co-chief operating officer, Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C. (three-year term).
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, president and CEO, Continental National Bank of Miami, Fla. (three-year term).
- Melanie J. Dressel, president and CEO, Columbia State Bank, Tacoma, Wash. (two-year term).
- F. Scott Dueser, chairman, president and CEO, First Financial Bankshares Inc., Abilene, Texas (three-year term).
- John M. Hairston, co-CEO and chief operating officer of Hancock Holding Co., Gulfport, Miss. (three-year term).
- Robert R. Jones III, president and CEO, United Bank, Atmore, Ala. (three-year term).
- E. David Locke, chairman and CEO, McFarland State Bank, McFarland, Wisc. (one-year at large term).
The above nominees will join continuing ABA board members:
- G. William Beale, CEO, Union First Market Bank, Richmond, Va.
- Norman E. Beatty, chairman, president and CEO, First Hope Bank, Hope, N.J.
- R. Daniel Blanton, president and CEO, Georgia Bank & Trust Co. of Augusta, Ga.
- Richard E. Holbrook, chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank Corp., Boston, executive committee mutual charter representative.
- Stanley D. Jenks, president and CEO, Security Savings Bank, Monmouth, Ill.
- S. Todd Maclin, co-CEO consumer and community banking, JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York.
- Sheila Mathews, president and CEO, Four Corners Community Bank, Farmington, N.M.
- Craig Meader, chairman and CEO, First National Bank of Kansas, Waverly.
- Laura A. Schulte, president, Eastern Region Community Banking, Wells Fargo, Charlotte, N.C.
- Huey L. Townsend, president and CEO, Guaranty Bank and Trust Co., Belzoni, Miss.
- Steven B. Wiggs, senior executive vice president and chief marketing officer, BB&T Corp., Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Albert C. Kelly Jr., president and CEO, SpiritBank, Bristow, Okla., chairman of the nominating committee.
- Barrie A. Christman, chairman, Principal Bank, Des Moines, Iowa, chairman of the government relations council.
- Bruce Whitehurst, president and CEO, Virginia Bankers Association, Glen Allen, the alliance of state bankers associations representative.