Reduce liability for losses on commercial accounts by adhering to four requirements.
SHAZAM Network Elects Steve Handke 2012-2013 Chairperson
Oct 10 - As a member-owned and controlled organization, the SHAZAM network is uniquely poised to compete in the post-Durbin era. That’s the position of Steve Handke, president and chief operating officer at Union State Bank in Everest, Kan. Handke was recently elected to a one-year term as chairperson of the EFT network’s board of directors.
“SHAZAM is on the threshold of rolling out new programs and services that will provide financial institutions with the tools they need to compete against the multitude of payment platforms and applications sprouting up every day,” said Handke. “I am proud to be aligned with SHAZAM, a trusted partner of our bank, and look forward to serving my fellow members.”
During the Aug. 3, 2012, board meeting held after the SHAZAM Annual Membership meeting, the following board members were elected to serve as officers for 2012-2013:
- Chairperson — Steve Handke, president and chief operating officer at Union State Bank in Everest, Kan.
- Past Chairperson — Paul Waltz, chief operating officer at First American Bank, Clive, Iowa
- Vice Chairperson — Tim Kintner, president and CEO at Bankers Trust Company, NA, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Secretary/Treasurer — Josef M. Vich, president and CEO at Community National Bank, Waterloo, Iowa
- President — Michael Hollinger, president and CEO at SHAZAM, Johnston, Iowa
“We are fortunate to have a dedicated and diligent board of directors,” said Michael Hollinger, president and CEO at SHAZAM. “Our member ownership enables us to remain aligned with the best interests of our customers, the financial institutions, and develop products and services that truly help them reach their business goals.”
The SHAZAM network was founded in 1976 and is one of the last remaining member-owned and -controlled EFT networks and processors in the industry. SHAZAM provides innovative and state-of-the-art EFT services to community financial institutions in 33 states. SHAZAM is a single source provider for ATM processing, debit and ATM card processing, card authorization services, merchant processing, Automated Clearing House services, and information security solutions.