Subscribe Today to the 'New'
BANK BOARD LETTER
20% Discount on One-Year Subscription
Beginning in January 2014, The Bank Board Letter, one of the nation's premier newsletters for directors of financial institutions and their holding companies, will be available in print and digital editions.
To introduce you to the redesigned and expanded Bank Board Letter, we are offering a 20% discount off the regular one-year subscription price of $74. (Current subscribers may take advantage of this special offer by extending their subscriptions.)
CLICK HERE to take advantage of this special offer.
Contact Kristi Wagner at 913-261-7053 about bulk subscriptions.
Click on the issue above to look at a sample issue.
OCC Minority Depository Institutions Advisory Committee Hosts Inaugural Meeting March 5
Jan 28 - The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has renewed the charter for the Minority Depository Institutions Advisory Committee and will host its first meeting March 5, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
The MDIAC will provide advice to the Comptroller of the Currency about minority depository institutions and will assess the current condition of minority depository institutions, regulatory changes that may ensure the health and viability of minority depository institutions, and other issues affecting these institutions.
The committee includes officers and directors of minority depository institutions and other depository institutions with a commitment of supporting minority depository institutions of all types, sizes, operating strategies and geographic areas. Members include:
- Larry Briggs, president of First National Bank and Trust Company, Shawnee, Okla.
- Jeffrey Cheung, president and CEO of Gateway Bank, Federal Savings Bank, Oakland, Calif.
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, president of Continental National Bank of Miami, Fla.
- Susan Faulkner, consumer & small business products executive of Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.
- John Hou, chairman and president of Asian Pacific National Bank, San Gabriel, Calif.
- Preston Pinkett III, president and CEO of City National Bank of New Jersey, Newark.
- Joe Quiroga, president of Texas National Bank, Mercedes, Texas.
- Norman J. Williams, chairman and CEO of Illinois-Service Federal Savings and Loan Association, Chicago.
The agenda for the first MDIAC meeting includes a discussion of the status of minority depository institutions and current topics of interest to the industry. The meeting will be held at OCC’s headquarters. The meeting is open to the public and will begin at 8:30 a.m. Members of the public may submit written statements to the MDIAC no later than Feb. 21, 2013, by:
- Emailing MDIAC(at)occ.treas.gov.
- Mailing statements in triplicate to: Beverly Cole, Designated Federal Official, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20219.
Members of the public who plan to attend or require assistance should contact the OCC by email at MDIAC(at)occ.treas.gov or by telephone at 202-649-5420 by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern) on Feb. 21, 2013, and provide their full name, email address and organization.
The MDIAC was originally chartered by the Office of Thrift Supervision, which was integrated into the OCC on July 21, 2011, in accordance with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. The MDIAC will generally meet two to three times a year to discuss issues of importance to minority depository institutions and provide advice and recommendations to the OCC.