Reduce liability for losses on commercial accounts by adhering to four requirements.
ABA Announces Emerging Payments Advisory Group
March 1 - The American Bankers Association has formed an Emerging Payments Advisory Group, a diverse team of bankers who will work to identify policy trends, risks and opportunities, in the changing payments environment and determine next steps to promote the interests of all stakeholders in the payment system.
Made up of senior executives from community, regional and large banks, the advisory group will work to ensure that government policy debate in the rapidly evolving payments space promotes competitive solutions that recognize the important role banks of all sizes and charters represent in this critically important function.
“Banks have a long history of developing and delivering safe, convenient forms of payment,” said Frank Keating, ABA president and CEO. “By identifying key issues and educating policymakers, our goal is to ensure that the payment system continues to provide consumers with reliable, safe and efficient access.”
Members of the advisory group represent ABA’s diverse membership in terms of asset size, charter and location. The 12 banks participating in the group are:
- Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.
- Citizens Bank, Flint, Mich.
- Eastern Bank, Lynn, Mass.
- Fifth Third Bank, Chicago.
- First Bethany Bank and Trust, Bethany, Okla.
- Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa.
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc, Pittsburgh.
- Regions Financial, Birmingham, Ala.
- U.S. Bank, Minneapolis.
- United Bank, Griffin, Ga.
- Wells Fargo, Minneapolis.
- Zions Bank, Salt Lake City.