Click here for more information.
OCC Hosts Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee Meeting
May 6 - The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency has announced it will host the second public meeting of the Mutual Savings Association Advisory Committee on June 17, 2013, in Washington, DC. The meeting will be held at 1 p.m. (EST) at OCCís headquarters at 400 7th St. SW, Washington, D.C. 20219.
The MSAAC provides advice to the Comptroller of the Currency about mutual savings associations and assesses the current condition, regulatory changes that may ensure their health and viability and other issues affecting these institutions.
The committee includes officers and directors of mutual savings institutions of all types, sizes, operating strategies and geographic areas, as well as two representatives from Federal savings associations in a mutual holding company structure. Members include:
- Martin Connors, president and CEO of Rollstone Bank & Trust, Fitchburg, Mass.
- David Ferries, a director, president and CEO of First Federal Savings Bank, Sheridan, Wyo.
- C. Alan Horner, president, CEO and chairman of the Board of First Federal Savings of Twin Falls, Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Thomas Kemly, president and CEO of Columbia Bank, Fair Lawn, N.J.
- Paul Mackin, president and CEO of Think Mutual Bank, Rochester, Minn.
- Martin Neat, president and CEO of First Shore Federal Savings and Loan Association, Salisbury, Md.
- Michael Nolan, chairman and president of Fifth District Savings Bank, New Orleans, La.
- Margaret Smith, a director, president and CEO of First Federal Savings of Middletown, Middletown, N.Y.
- Steve Swiontek, chairman, president and CEO of Gate City Bank, Fargo, N.D.
- Paul Thompson, president of First Federal Savings and Loan Association, Newark, Ohio.
The agenda for the second MSAAC will focus on current topics of interest to the mutual industry. Members of the public may submit written statements to the MSAAC no later than June 7, 2013, by:
- E-mailing MSAAC(at)occ.treas.gov.
- Mailing statements in triplicate to: Donna Deale, Designated Federal Official, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20219.
The meeting is open to the public and will be held in a secured facility with limited space. Members of the public who plan to attend or require assistance must contact the OCC by email at MSAAC(at)occ.treas.gov or by telephone at 202-649-5420 by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern) on June 14, 2013, and provide their full name, email address and organization. On arrival on the day of the meeting, attendees will be required to present proof of identification (driverís license or other government-issued photo identification).