Subscribe Today to the 'New'
BANK BOARD LETTER
20% Discount on One-Year Subscription
Beginning in January 2014, The Bank Board Letter, one of the nation's premier newsletters for directors of financial institutions and their holding companies, will be available in print and digital editions.
To introduce you to the redesigned and expanded Bank Board Letter, we are offering a 20% discount off the regular one-year subscription price of $74. (Current subscribers may take advantage of this special offer by extending their subscriptions.)
CLICK HERE to take advantage of this special offer.
Contact Kristi Wagner at 913-261-7053 about bulk subscriptions.
Click on the issue above to look at a sample issue.
CSBS Announces 2013-2014 Board and Officers
May 21 - The Conference of State Bank Supervisors has announced new officers and board members for 2013-2014. Charles A. Vice, commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions, was elected chairman of the board. The announcement follows a meeting of the board of directors held in conjunction with the CSBS State-Federal Supervisory Forum in Nashville, Tenn.
Newly installed officers, who comprise the executive committee, include:
- Chairman: Kentucky Commissioner of Financial Institutions Charles A. Vice.
- Chairman-Elect: Arkansas State Bank Commissioner Candace A. Franks.
- Vice Chairman: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
- Secretary: Arizona Superintendent of Financial Institutions Lauren Kingry.
- Treasurer: Texas Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Tennessee Commissioner of Financial Institutions Greg Gonzales.
Commissioners representing the CSBS districts are:
- District I – Connecticut Banking Commissioner Howard F. Pitkin.
- District II – Indiana Director of the Department of Financial Institutions David H. Mills.
- District III – North Carolina Commissioner of Banks Ray Grace.
- District IV – South Dakota Banking Director Bret Afdahl.
- District V – California Commissioner of Financial Institutions Teveia R. Barnes.
At-large board members are:
- Montana Commissioner of Financial Institutions Melanie G. Hall.
- Wisconsin Commissioner of Financial Institutions Peter J. Bildsten.
Other members of the CSBS board of directors include:
- Bankers Advisory Board Co-Chairman: Ohio Superintendent of Financial Institutions Charles J. Dolezal.
- CSBS Legislative Committee Chairman: West Virginia Commissioner of Banking Sara M. (Sally) Cline.
- CSBS Regulatory Committee Chairman: Washington Department of Financial Institutions, Division Director Richard Riccobono.
- Chairman of the Foreign Bank Regulatory Committee: New York Department of Financial Services, Executive Deputy Superintendent Gaurav Vasisht.
- Chairman of the State Supervisory Processes Committee: Wyoming Division of Banking Commissioner Albert L. Forkner.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the CSBS Education Foundation: Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, Executive Deputy Secretary Victoria A. Reider.
- Chairman of the State Regulatory Registry LLC Board of Managers: North Dakota Commissioner of Financial Institutions Robert J. Entringer.
- Chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council State Liaison Committee: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
Chairmen Emeritus, who serve as ex-officio members of the CSBS board, include:
- Louisiana Commissioner of Financial Institutions John P. Ducrest.
- Idaho Department of Finance Director Gavin M. Gee.
- Virginia Commissioner of Financial Institutions E. Joseph Face Jr.
- Utah Commissioner of the Department of Financial Institutions G. Edward Leary.
- Oklahoma State Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson.