CSBS Announces 2013-2014 Board and Officers
May 21 - The Conference of State Bank Supervisors has announced new officers and board members for 2013-2014. Charles A. Vice, commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions, was elected chairman of the board. The announcement follows a meeting of the board of directors held in conjunction with the CSBS State-Federal Supervisory Forum in Nashville, Tenn.
Newly installed officers, who comprise the executive committee, include:
- Chairman: Kentucky Commissioner of Financial Institutions Charles A. Vice.
- Chairman-Elect: Arkansas State Bank Commissioner Candace A. Franks.
- Vice Chairman: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
- Secretary: Arizona Superintendent of Financial Institutions Lauren Kingry.
- Treasurer: Texas Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Tennessee Commissioner of Financial Institutions Greg Gonzales.
Commissioners representing the CSBS districts are:
- District I – Connecticut Banking Commissioner Howard F. Pitkin.
- District II – Indiana Director of the Department of Financial Institutions David H. Mills.
- District III – North Carolina Commissioner of Banks Ray Grace.
- District IV – South Dakota Banking Director Bret Afdahl.
- District V – California Commissioner of Financial Institutions Teveia R. Barnes.
At-large board members are:
- Montana Commissioner of Financial Institutions Melanie G. Hall.
- Wisconsin Commissioner of Financial Institutions Peter J. Bildsten.
Other members of the CSBS board of directors include:
- Bankers Advisory Board Co-Chairman: Ohio Superintendent of Financial Institutions Charles J. Dolezal.
- CSBS Legislative Committee Chairman: West Virginia Commissioner of Banking Sara M. (Sally) Cline.
- CSBS Regulatory Committee Chairman: Washington Department of Financial Institutions, Division Director Richard Riccobono.
- Chairman of the Foreign Bank Regulatory Committee: New York Department of Financial Services, Executive Deputy Superintendent Gaurav Vasisht.
- Chairman of the State Supervisory Processes Committee: Wyoming Division of Banking Commissioner Albert L. Forkner.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the CSBS Education Foundation: Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities, Executive Deputy Secretary Victoria A. Reider.
- Chairman of the State Regulatory Registry LLC Board of Managers: North Dakota Commissioner of Financial Institutions Robert J. Entringer.
- Chairman of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council State Liaison Committee: Massachusetts Commissioner of Banks David J. Cotney.
Chairmen Emeritus, who serve as ex-officio members of the CSBS board, include:
- Louisiana Commissioner of Financial Institutions John P. Ducrest.
- Idaho Department of Finance Director Gavin M. Gee.
- Virginia Commissioner of Financial Institutions E. Joseph Face Jr.
- Utah Commissioner of the Department of Financial Institutions G. Edward Leary.
- Oklahoma State Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson.