Click here for more information.
ABA Nominates Officers, Board for 2013-2014
Sept 4 - The American Bankers Associationís Nominating Committee has selected the official slate of candidates for ABA officers for election at the associationís annual convention to be held in New Orleans, Oct. 19-22.
The committee, chaired by Albert C. Kelly, president and CEO, SpiritBank, Bristow, Okla., nominated these candidates for ABA officer positions:
- Chairman: Jeff L. Plagge, president and CEO, Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa.
- Chairman-elect: John A. Ikard, president and CEO, FirstBank Holding Co., Lakewood, Colo.
- Vice Chairman: R. Daniel Blanton, president and CEO, Georgia Bank & Trust, Augusta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Gary D. Hemmer, president and CEO, First National Bank of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ill.
The committee also selected these nominees for the ABA board of directors for consideration at the ABA annual convention in New Orleans:
- Charles N. Funk, president and CEO, MidWestOne Bank, Iowa City, Iowa.
- William B. Grant, chairman and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.
- Paul G. Greig, chairman and CEO, FirstMerit Corp., Akron, Ohio.
- George W. Hermann, president and CEO, Windsor Federal Savings & Loan, Windsor, Conn.
- John A. Klebba, chairman and president, Legends Bank, Linn, Mo.
- Dorothy A. Savarese, president and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass.
- Thomas H. Shaffer, president, 1867 Western Financial Corp., Stockton, Calif.
- Frank Sorrentino, chairman and CEO, ConnectOne Bancorp Inc, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Jeffrey M. Szyperski, chairman, president and CEO, Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, Va.
- Edward L. Willingham, president, First Citizens Bank, Raleigh, N.C.
The above nominees will join continuing ABA board members:
- Norman E. Beatty, chairman, president and CEO, First Hope Bank, Hope, N.J.
- Stephen F. Christy, president and CEO, Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corp., Lebanon, N.H.
- David C. Darnell, Co-COO, Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, president and CEO, Continental National Bank of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- Melanie J. Dressel, president and CEO, Columbia State Bank, Tacoma, Wash.;
- F. Scott Dueser, chairman, president and CEO, First Financial Bankshares Inc., Abilene, Texas
- John M. Hairston, CEO and COO of Hancock Holding Co., Gulfport, Miss.
- Richard E. Holbrook, chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank Corp., Boston, Mass., Executive Committee Mutual Charter representative.
- Stanley D. Jenks, president and CEO, Security Savings Bank, Monmouth, Ill.
- Robert R. Jones, III, president and CEO, United Bank, Atmore, Ala.
- S. Todd Maclin, chairman of Chase Commercial and Consumer Banking, JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, N.Y.
- Matthew H. Williams, chairman and president, Gothenburg State Bank, Gothenburg, Neb., chairman of the Nominating Committee.
- G. William Beale, CEO, Union First Market Bank, Richmond, Va., chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Laurie Stewart, president and CEO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle, Wash., vice chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Linda W. Navarro, president and CEO, Oregon Bankers Association, Salem, Ore., the Alliance of State Bankers Associations representative.