Click here for more information.
ABA Elects Officers, Board for 2013-2014
Oct 23 - Members attending the American Bankers Associationís annual convention in New Orleans have elected new officers and directors to serve on ABAís board for the 2013-2014 association year. The new officers are:
- Chairman: Jeff L. Plagge, president and CEO, Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa.
- Chairman-Elect: John A. Ikard, president and CEO, FirstBank Holding Co., Lakewood, Colo.
- Vice Chairman: R. Daniel Blanton, president and CEO, Georgia Bank & Trust, Augusta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Gary D. Hemmer, president and CEO, First National Bank of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ill.
The new ABA board members are:
- Charles N. Funk, president and CEO, MidWestOne Bank, Iowa City, Iowa.
- William B. Grant, chairman and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.
- Paul G. Greig, chairman and CEO, FirstMerit Corp., Akron, Ohio.
- George W. Hermann, president and CEO, Windsor Federal Savings & Loan, Windsor, Conn.
- John A. Klebba, chairman and president, Legends Bank, Linn, Mo.
- Dorothy A. Savarese, president and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass.
- Thomas H. Shaffer, president, 1867 Western Financial Corp., Stockton, Calif.
- Frank Sorrentino, chairman and CEO, ConnectOne Bancorp Inc, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Jeffrey M. Szyperski, chairman, president and CEO, Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, Va.
- Edward L. Willingham, president, First Citizens Bank, Raleigh, N.C.
Continuing their terms on the ABA board are:
- Norman E. Beatty, chairman, president and CEO, First Hope Bank, Hope, N.J.
- Stephen F. Christy, president and CEO, Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corp., Lebanon, N.H.
- David C. Darnell, Co-COO, Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, president and CEO, Continental National Bank of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- Melanie J. Dressel, president and CEO, Columbia State Bank, Tacoma, Wash.
- F. Scott Dueser, chairman, president and CEO, First Financial Bankshares Inc., Abilene, Texas.
- John M. Hairston, CEO and COO of Hancock Holding Co., Gulfport, Miss.
- Richard E. Holbrook, chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank Corp., Boston, Mass., Executive Committee Mutual Charter representative.
- Stanley D. Jenks, president and CEO, Security Savings Bank, Monmouth, Ill.
- Robert R. Jones III, president and CEO, United Bank, Atmore, Ala.
- S. Todd Maclin, chairman of Chase Commercial and Consumer Banking, JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, N.Y.
- Matthew H. Williams, chairman and president, Gothenburg State Bank, Gothenburg, Neb., chairman of the Nominating Committee.
- G. William Beale, CEO, Union First Market Bank, Richmond, Va., chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Laurie Stewart, president and CEO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle, Wash., vice chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Linda W. Navarro, president and CEO, Oregon Bankers Association, Salem, Ore., the Alliance of State Bankers Associations representative.