Subscribe Today to the 'New'
BANK BOARD LETTER
20% Discount on One-Year Subscription
Beginning in January 2014, The Bank Board Letter, one of the nation's premier newsletters for directors of financial institutions and their holding companies, will be available in print and digital editions.
To introduce you to the redesigned and expanded Bank Board Letter, we are offering a 20% discount off the regular one-year subscription price of $74. (Current subscribers may take advantage of this special offer by extending their subscriptions.)
CLICK HERE to take advantage of this special offer.
Contact Kristi Wagner at 913-261-7053 about bulk subscriptions.
Click on the issue above to look at a sample issue.
ABA Elects Officers, Board for 2013-2014
Oct 23 - Members attending the American Bankers Association’s annual convention in New Orleans have elected new officers and directors to serve on ABA’s board for the 2013-2014 association year. The new officers are:
- Chairman: Jeff L. Plagge, president and CEO, Northwest Financial Corp., Arnolds Park, Iowa.
- Chairman-Elect: John A. Ikard, president and CEO, FirstBank Holding Co., Lakewood, Colo.
- Vice Chairman: R. Daniel Blanton, president and CEO, Georgia Bank & Trust, Augusta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Gary D. Hemmer, president and CEO, First National Bank of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ill.
The new ABA board members are:
- Charles N. Funk, president and CEO, MidWestOne Bank, Iowa City, Iowa.
- William B. Grant, chairman and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Md.
- Paul G. Greig, chairman and CEO, FirstMerit Corp., Akron, Ohio.
- George W. Hermann, president and CEO, Windsor Federal Savings & Loan, Windsor, Conn.
- John A. Klebba, chairman and president, Legends Bank, Linn, Mo.
- Dorothy A. Savarese, president and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass.
- Thomas H. Shaffer, president, 1867 Western Financial Corp., Stockton, Calif.
- Frank Sorrentino, chairman and CEO, ConnectOne Bancorp Inc, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Jeffrey M. Szyperski, chairman, president and CEO, Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, Va.
- Edward L. Willingham, president, First Citizens Bank, Raleigh, N.C.
Continuing their terms on the ABA board are:
- Norman E. Beatty, chairman, president and CEO, First Hope Bank, Hope, N.J.
- Stephen F. Christy, president and CEO, Mascoma Mutual Financial Services Corp., Lebanon, N.H.
- David C. Darnell, Co-COO, Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C.
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, president and CEO, Continental National Bank of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- Melanie J. Dressel, president and CEO, Columbia State Bank, Tacoma, Wash.
- F. Scott Dueser, chairman, president and CEO, First Financial Bankshares Inc., Abilene, Texas.
- John M. Hairston, CEO and COO of Hancock Holding Co., Gulfport, Miss.
- Richard E. Holbrook, chairman and CEO, Eastern Bank Corp., Boston, Mass., Executive Committee Mutual Charter representative.
- Stanley D. Jenks, president and CEO, Security Savings Bank, Monmouth, Ill.
- Robert R. Jones III, president and CEO, United Bank, Atmore, Ala.
- S. Todd Maclin, chairman of Chase Commercial and Consumer Banking, JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, N.Y.
- Matthew H. Williams, chairman and president, Gothenburg State Bank, Gothenburg, Neb., chairman of the Nominating Committee.
- G. William Beale, CEO, Union First Market Bank, Richmond, Va., chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Laurie Stewart, president and CEO, Sound Community Bank, Seattle, Wash., vice chairman of the Government Relations Council.
- Linda W. Navarro, president and CEO, Oregon Bankers Association, Salem, Ore., the Alliance of State Bankers Associations representative.