CNX Institute seeks to cultivate knowledge of the regulations, standards, and guidelines affecting information security in financial institutions.
In June 2017, CNX Institute launched its first certification program – Certified Information Security Officer—Financial Services (CISO-FS). The program consists of webinars, resources, and practice tests to prepare for a stringent, proctored examination. Besides a passing exam, candidates will need to meet certain education and experience requirements to become certified. CISO-FS certified professionals will be able to support the financial institution’s information security program and be ready for a role as an information security officer.
Background: CNX Institute, a division of CoNetrix Security, LLC, has been established to expand and support the knowledge and skills of information security. CoNetrix Security, through 15 years of work with more than 1,000 financial institutions, has garnered valuable expertise in the realm of information security and cybersecurity. CNX Institute will serve as a vehicle to share this expertise and give back to the security community.
Why does CNX Institute warrant an Innovative Solutions Award?
- CNX Institute seeks to help professionals in information security become confident in their knowledge of industry regulations and best practices.
- CNX Institute is the first to offer a certification program with a stringent, proctored exam designed to test true knowledge and understanding of industry specific information security regulations and guidelines.
- The Certified Information Security Officer—Financial Services (CISO-FS) certification program will cover regulations and standards governing financial institutions including:
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Interagency Guidelines Establishing Information Security Standards, and
- Guidance provided by the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC).
- The CISO-FS credential requires three years of relevant work-experience and successful completion of the CISO-FS exam. The first exam is scheduled for January 2018.