Jumio Netverify Trusted Identity as a Service
Jumio delivers the next-generation in digital ID verification, Netverify Trusted Identity as a Service™, enabling businesses to reduce fraud and increase revenue while providing a fast, seamless customer experience. Jumio uses computer vision technology to verify credentials issued by over 200 countries in real time web and mobile transactions. Jumio’s solutions are used by leading companies in the financial services, sharing economy, retail, travel and online gaming sectors – including Airbnb, Coinbase, United, and more.
For all companies doing business in a digital world, security and the ability to satisfy regulatory requirements are top priorities. According to Javelin Research, more than 15 million U.S. residents alone were impacted by identity fraud in 2016. Netverify® provides real time online ID verification by turning customers’ smartphones and computers into ID verification and, more importantly, indemnity verification devices. Netverify quickly and easily reduces fraud by capturing and verifying a customer’s ID and other credentials, ensuring adherence to all requirements and regulations (i.e. Know Your Customer, PSD2, background checks, etc.), all within 60 seconds or less.
Netverify does this by using a three-pronged approach:
- ID verification – scanning ID documents from over 200 countries and checking for validity
- Identity verification – using biometric facial recognition and eyeball tracking to ensure a real, live person is holding the mobile device being verified
- Document verification – the ability to scan bank statements and utility bills, etc., to validate a user’s location/place of residence
Jumio should be recognized by Bank News for its innovation for the following reasons:
- Demonstrated market leadership – Jumio has completed more than 60 million ID verifications, more than any other verification solution in the market
- Commitment to accuracy – Instead of relying just on technology/automation, Jumio actually employs ID experts that physically look at suspect documents. When photos or blurry or other fraud triggers arise, nothing beats the human eye in making a final call
- Next-generation biometrics approach – Jumio is dedicated to staying one step ahead of fraudsters. When fraudsters developed ways to attempt to “fool” biometric facial recognition software, Jumio announced eyeball tracking to make it one step more difficult to fool the system and perpetrate fraud.
Track record of customer success – Jumio has supported some of the largest organizations in the travel (United), sharing economy (Airbnb), financial services (Coinbase) and online gambling (Betfair) spaces with more customers being added continually.