The Innovative Solutions Awards recognize companies helping community banks improve their operations, be more competitive, enhance their technical capabilities and increase their profitability. Congratulations to this year’s winners!
Winner: ACG – ECS 4-in-1 (ATM Anti-Skimming Device)
ECS 4-in-1 is ACG’s most comprehensive skimming solution for ATMs with dip card readers. ATM card skimming is high-tech bank robbery that accounts for 98 percent of all ATM card fraud. The U.S. Secret Service estimates that domestic financial institutions lose $1 billion annually due to skimming attacks. ACG’s ECS 4-in-1 device is poised to arm community banks against card fraud by offering multi-layered skimming protection.
ECS 4-in-1 is truly a unique anti-skimming solution, as it offers a combination of detection and jamming protection. It not only safeguards ATM users against skimming attacks through detection technology. It also provides a shield of skimming protection by creating random, disturbing frequencies that scramble skimmers (jamming). Therefore, ECS 4-in-1 can detect the physical installation of skimming devices while simultaneously deactivating them. Additionally, the complete solution includes communication and data logging functionalities. Therefore, ECS 4-in-1 is a fully integrated solution that provides financial institutions with four tools to combat skimming: 1) detection; 2) jamming; 3) communication; and 4) data logger.
The Innovative Solutions Awards champion products and services that aid community banks in the areas of efficiency and customer service; ECS 4-in-1 is an original hardware solution that does just that. The product’s detection and jamming functions protect not only banks, but also their customers against skimming attacks — bolstering branch security and customer confidence. The communication and data logger functions allow banks to closely monitor and track ATM card activity to quickly identify skimming devices and protect customers from attacks. Moreover, ECS 4-in-1 will help community banks better serve customers through:
- Customization: Product parameters are highly customizable according to FI requirements to minimize false alarms.
- Convenience: On average, it takes less than an hour to install ECS in the field, and the ATM does not have to be taken out of service during installation.
- Affordability: ECS 4-in-1 is the most affordable skimming solution on the market that features both detection and jamming technology.
Winner: Computer Services, Inc. (CSI) Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
Following recent cyberattacks and system compromises — as well as regulatory updates — financial institutions have experienced the need to improve their ability to combat cybercrime. CSI’s Cybersecurity Risk Assessment is designed to help an organization gauge the level of risk associated with its cyber presence, identify and evaluate existing cybersecurity controls and evaluate the need for additional security measures. As part of the Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, CSI Regulatory Compliance experts will perform a thorough top-to-bottom review, which includes:
- Identification and classification of applicable systems.
- Calculation of inherent and residual risk.
- Evaluation of controls.
Following the full assessment, the institution receives a cybersecurity risk assessment report, which contains all values and scores from each step of the assessment process, including inherent and residual risk scores for each applicable system. As a result, institutions will gain a clearer picture of where they may need additional controls, and can then make the necessary adjustments to further reduce risk to an acceptable level. Key reasons CSI’s Cybersecurity Risk Assessment deserves an Innovative Solution Award:
- CSI’s team of experts provide decades of industry knowledge and experience in compliance, IT security and risk management to ensure that existing risk is quickly identified and eliminated.
- Based on CSI’s CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications and many more, the Cybersecurity Risk Assessment team is able to provide financial institutions with a comprehensive report containing all values and scores from each step of the cybersecurity risk assessment process.
- CSI’s reporting capabilities show inherent and residual risk scores for each applicable system, providing financial institutions with a clear picture of where they may need additional controls to reduce risks.
- As new threats emerge, CSI keeps pace with the latest cybersecurity risk factors, enabling banks to stay secure and compliant without focusing added time and energy on prevention.
ProfitStars – Gladiator Hosted Network Solutions
nCino – nCino University
Winner: CoNetrix tandem Cybersecurity Assessment
On June 30, 2015, the FFIEC released a Cybersecurity Assessment Tool to help financial institutions identify their risks and assess their cybersecurity preparedness. The assessment tool is designed to provide a repeatable and measurable process for banks and credit unions to measure their cybersecurity preparedness over time. tandem Cybersecurity Assessment provides a quick, easy, electronic way to complete the FFIEC cybersecurity self-assessment.
Users log in to tandem and complete a questionnaire to generate their institution’s inherent risk profile and maturity level. Results live in tandem for tracking and reporting on a regular basis. The tandem Cybersecurity Assessment tool is launching in phases and will be available as a free or professional version. Some of the key features provided by the tool will include the ability to compare results with similar financial institutions, a variety of graphs and reports for analyzing data and improving cybersecurity, including a report template for the board of directors, and a plan of action template to improve maturity levels if applicable.
The tool is an integrated module in tandem, an online software suite for managing information security and compliance. Other modules include: Risk Assessment, Vendor Management, Business Continuity Planning, Identity Theft Prevention Program, Audit Management, Social Media Management, Compliance Management, and more. tandem Cybersecurity Assessment by CoNetrix warrants an Innovative Solutions Award because:
- The tool is an electronic way to complete the FFIEC cybersecurity assessment.
- The streamlined process will help financial institutions save time, avoid gaps or simple errors, and easily see where to improve.
- The solution will provide a variety of reports and graphs to assist institutions in analyzing and understanding their data and making informed decisions to improve their cybersecurity.
- The tool is free to financial institutions, with pro features coming soon.
- tandem subscribers can access the tool in the same interface as other modules for efficient security and compliance management.
DCI (Data Center, Inc.) – iCore360 (ECP)
Jack Henry & Associates – Branch Anywhere
eBanking (Mobile/Online/Tablet/Remote) Solution
Winner: DCI (Data Center, Inc.) – Internet/Mobile eBanking Solutions
Finally, you have a new choice in online and mobile banking solutions that can deliver everything you and your customers need at a value you can’t find anywhere else, and that are backed by a company and people that you can trust — the new Online/Mobile eBanking solutions from DCI. The new options from DCI set the standard as the industry’s most high-value solutions for innovative Internet and mobile banking that includes all the functionality of even the largest institutions at a value you won’t find anywhere else, not to mention a level of personal support that only DCI can deliver, backed by our 52-year stability of private ownership and innovation.
Newly enhanced features in online and mobile banking give your customers everything they need to conveniently manage accounts, pay bills, transfer funds, view details and much more, anytime, anywhere, completely branded for your bank. Plus, there are also full-featured options for voice banking and business cash management. Easy-to-use customer and administrative interfaces mean you won’t need additional technical expertise or personnel to operate a full-service branch online. And combined with options such as iCore360 Inter@ct: positive pay fraud protection and expanded online statements and images, DCI Internet/Mobile eBanking solutions help you attract and serve your most profitable customers with the least expensive delivery channel available.
Other features and benefits:
- Real-time balances from single source.
- Balances correlate with all channels (ATM, teller, VRU, etc.).
- Secure 24-hour access.
- Data mining.
- Customized for your bank and customers.
- Creates fee income.
- Effective cross-selling and marketing.
The new solutions from DCI mean you can deliver dynamic, on‐demand tools to your customers for better, more convenient banking while helping your bank become more agile, competitive and profitable year after year.
ProfitStars – EPS SmartPay Express
Computer Services, Inc. (CSI) – Secure Wireless and Tablet Services