The SmartwearApp™ Apple Watch banking app from Malauzai gives end users the ability to check balances, view transaction history and access a branch locator, with plans to expand transactional and money movement capabilities as the watch functionality expands. Complete with customized branding, SmartwearApps also offer financial institutions the opportunity to share promotional and educational alerts via the watch screen.
The SmartwearApp is deserving of the Innovative Solutions Award for the following reasons:
- It was one of the first banking apps for the Apple Watch available in the U.S., with eight community banks and credit unions going live the day Apple launched the watch. These institutions beat nearly all big banks in developing a wearables app.
- SmartwearApps provide users easy, secure access to their most relevant banking information.
- The app takes advantage of the GPS location capabilities of the Apple Watch and enables users to locate and map themselves to specific branch or ATM locations.
- Malauzai developed the SmartwearApp and helped eight institutions go live in under 40 days from project start to completion.
- The app is available in English and Spanish.