October 26 – Walmart, Ria and MoneyGram have announced a series of changes to their money transfer services that deliver lower prices, greater convenience and a simplified fee structure for customers.
The benefits and reach of Walmart2Walmart, a revolutionary low cost service that enables customers to transfer money to and from Walmart stores, has expanded. Changes to the service include:
- Increasing the transfer limit when sending money via Walmart2Walmart powered by Ria in the United States.
- In 2014, Walmart and Ria introduced the retail industry-first Walmart2Walmart money transfer program giving customers a low-cost service that allows them to transfer money to and from more than 4,600 Walmart stores nationwide at a lower cost than competitors.
- Customers can now send up to $2,500 for $18 when using the exclusive transfer service. Previously, the limit was $900.Competitive offerings charge up to $50 to transfer $2,500.
- Expanding Walmart2Walmart to include transfers to Walmart Mexico stores, powered by MoneyGram.
- Customers can send up to $800 for $6.50 or less from any Walmart store in the U.S. to any of the more than 1,200 Walmart stores in Mexico.
- More than 18 percent of international money transfers from the United States are sent to Mexico with many of them both starting and ending in Walmart stores. Walmart operates in Mexico under the banners Walmart, Superama, Bodega Aurrera and Mi Bodega Aurrera.
- With Walmart2Walmart Mexico, powered by MoneyGram, customers can save up to 20 percent when compared to other international money transfer options and know that their funds are being transferred quickly and safely.
MoneyGram Domestic Money Transfers at Walmart
MoneyGram has lowered the service fees on transfers within the U.S. for funds sent over $2,500, exclusively at Walmart. Customers will now pay 1.2 percent on face value of transfers over $2,500. These changes will result in savings of up to $80 in fees when compared to competitive offerings of 2 percent.
Ria and MoneyGram are the licensed money transfer operators for all money transfer transactions at Walmart and Walmart acts as the authorized agent of the two companies.
Money transfer services are just one of many financial services offered at local Walmart MoneyCenters and Walmart Customer Service desks. Other services include check cashing, bill pay, money orders, tax preparation services and Card programs with the Walmart Credit Card, Walmart MoneyCard and Bluebird.
For more information, please visit: www.walmart.com/moneycenter